Viaja Portugal! Departures May 15 and October 1, 2017 and Custom Tours for Four or More Guests. Experience Stunning Landscapes, Food and Wine, History and Culture
Step into timeless Portugal and explore the Douro region up close through culinary traditions, regal wines and vineyards. Treasure Roman artifacts and lost cities, taste the strong flavors prepared from ingredients grown on a biodynamic farm, and enjoy views from the veranda of an 18th century farm estate reconstructed with grace and elegance over looking the Douro River and the town of Regua.
Sample the wines and liquors of the region with wine makers of Regua and Oporto – and drift down the Douro River on a riverboat following the river trail used by the Port wine producers to transport barrels of Port wine to the aging rooms in the port city of Oporto. Visit the culinary schools where the future generation of culinary artists learn from the greatest chefs of Portugal to fuse traditional cuisine with contemporary ingredients, creating flavors and presentations of great beauty to the palate and the aesthetic senses.
Local knowledge is embedded into the Bonafide Tour by native tour designer and guide Elisabete Mesquita, who artfully brings the people, places, and landscapes of Portugal to life for our guests.
Bonafide Portugal Tour Includes the following features and experiences:
- Seven nights in unique lodging accommodations including the regions of Alentejo, Douro, Ribatejo/Estremadura, and Oporto
- All meals including customized food and beverage experiences featuring local ingredients and culinary traditions
- Portuguese national culinary school for lunch and cooking class (when school is in session or equivalent culinary activity)
- Exceptionally preserved Roman Historic Site in Conimbriga
- A night visit to Rupestrian grotto paintings with a specialist guide
- Exploration of organic farms and vineyards in three agricultural regions
- Cruise down the Douro River from Regua to Oporto (six hours) with lunch and wine included
- Traditional family style meal at Rio Maior organic farm and meeting with the farmer
- Visit an important salt mine significant during Roman and early Portugal times
- Hands-on bread making with traditional bakers located in a small village setting
- Hands-on activity on a working vineyard with traditional production systems (September only)
- Personalized service from knowledgeable and experienced Portuguese native guide
All tours are seven nights and departures are on the morning of the eighth day. Tours Depart Friday mornings from Lisbon International Airport or nearby hotel upon request, and return guests to Lisbon International Airport on the following Friday.
Tour Departures May 15, 2017 and October 1, 2017 or
Customized Dates Matched With Group Preferences
Call (802) 522 – 7685 to discuss your travel requirements today!
Expertly guided seven night experience includes all in country transportation, main meals of breakfast, lunch, and dinner and seven nights lodging. Wine samples at tasting rooms, cooking classes, entrance fees to historic sites and protected areas also included in tour price.
Price of tour per person, single occupancy add $400
Call for more information and to BOOK YOUR TOUR Today!
(802) 522 – 7685 or email: info@Bonafidetours.com
* Tour dates can be customized for groups of 4 or more guests.
* All tours depart and return to Lisbon, Portugal.